Terms and Conditions
AF BRANDS PTY LTD
Trading as ARTHUR FORD
Updated 5 March 2018
Welcome to the ARTHUR FORD website at www.arthur-ford.com. The website is owned by AF BRANDS PTY LTD, registration number 2013/094126/07. AF BRANDS PTY LTD provides the information contained on this website and the pages comprising the website ("Website") and advertises and sells the products to you, subject to these Terms and Conditions. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and should you have enquiries, please call our call offices on +27 316559401.
There may be legal notices on other areas of this Website which relate to your use of the Website, all of which will, together with these Website Terms and our Online Privacy Notice govern your use of this Website.
These website terms and conditions ("Website Terms") apply to your use of the ARTHUR FORD website at www.arthur-ford.com (the "Website"). You must read these Website Terms carefully, and we recommend that you print and keep a copy for your future reference. By accessing, browsing, using or registering with the Website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these Website Terms in their entirety. If you do not agree to all of these Website Terms, you must not use this Website.
Accuracy of Content of the Website
- ARTHUR FORD has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that each product described or depicted on this website and any other information (such as pricing) displayed on the website is current, complete and accurate. However content errors may occur. For this reason and if the law allows it, the information displayed on our website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranty as to its accuracy. Some descriptions or photographs of products and packaging may be of a generic nature and not specific to the particular product you wish to buy. If you are uncertain about information on a product advertised on this website, please contact ARTHUR FORD directly on +27 844053791 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly assist you.
- Consumers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account. ARTHUR FORD shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account.
Accuracy of content
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, ARTHUR FORD disclaims all representations and warranties, express or implied, that content or information displayed in or on this Website is accurate, complete, up-to-date and/or does not infringe the rights of any third party. The views expressed in user generated content are the opinions of those users and do not represent the views, opinions, beliefs or values of ARTHUR FORD or any of its group companies
Procedures for Ordering
- Placing an order: Once you have selected the product/s you wish to buy and submitted your online order, you will be shown an order summary page and given the opportunity to review the ordered items and correct any mistakes, before proceeding. By clicking on the "Place order" button you will have confirmed your online order which constitutes an offer to purchase the product subject to these Terms and Conditions. Confirming an Order: Once we have received your online order, we will formally confirm or notify you of our acceptance of the order via email. However, technical or other problems may delay or prevent such confirmations. PLEASE DO NOT send an additional order if you do not receive confirmation from us as this may lead to a duplicate transaction. Should you not have received your order within 5 business days, please contact us on +27 84 4053791 or send an email to email@example.com You cannot currently cancel an order once you have clicked the "Place order" button and payment is processed. However, you are entitled to return the product subject to the terms and conditions of the Refund and Exchange policy. AF BRANDS PTY LTD reserves the right to refuse to accept or process payment on any order, and may cancel any order if we reasonably suspect that fraud is being perpetrated on your account. However, we accept no liability which may arise as a result of our refusal to process any order.
- We will take all reasonable efforts to ensure that prices reflected on the website are accurate. You will be charged the prices reflected on the website. Prices are quoted in South African Rand and include Value-Added Tax (VAT). Special promotions may be limited to separate offer conditions and stipulations. Prices on the website are online only prices and may differ from prices in ARTHUR FORD stores.
- Products displayed on this website are subject to availability.
- Where we deliver:
www.arthur-ford.com delivers only to physical addresses within the borders of South Africa. There is no post office delivery service.
Delivery Times: www.arthur-ford.com offers a Monday to Friday (08h00 – 17h00) delivery service. We do not deliver on weekends or on any public holiday in South Africa. We are not able to offer specific delivery times during the day. Delivery should take place within 3 to 7 business days of placing an order.
Delivery Charges within South Africa:
0.0 kg – 5.0 kg: R 100.00
5KG-8KG 5.0 kg – 8.0 kg R 100.00
8KG-10KG 8.0 kg – 12.0 kg R 200.00
12KG-15KG 12.0 kg – 15.0 kg R 200.00
15-20KG 15.0 kg – 20.0 kg R 200.00
20-30KG 20.0 kg – 30.0 kg R 200.00
30-50KG 30.0 kg – 50.0 kg R 200.00
50-75KG 50.0 kg – 75.0 kg R 200.00
75-100KG 75.0 kg – 100.0 kg R 200.00
100KG-150 100.0 kg – 150.0 kg R 200.00
R 800.00 and up Free
Rest of the world: Price depends on country and size of order, please mail us for a quote.
- ARTHUR FORD makes every effort to ensure that the information supplied on the website is accurate. Where delays and out of stock situations occur, every reasonable effort will be made to inform the purchaser. Please note that our courier company's driver will ask you for your name, surname and ID on delivery of products. Should you not be available at the chosen delivery address to receive your order at the time of delivery, the driver will make a second attempt at another time and thereafter you will be contacted by the call centre to make other arrangements. Once you have paid for your products and need to make any changes on your order please call our online sales manager on +27 84 405 3791
- Payment: We will debit the total value of your purchase against the payment card tendered at the time of your transaction. We accept all Visa, Amex and Mastercard credit cards.
Disclosures required in terms of section 43 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002
- Full name: AF BRANDS PTY LTD
- Physical address: 12 Cherry Rd, Pinetown, 3600
- Telefax number: +27 31 701 7440
- Telephone number: +27 31 655 9401
- Website address: www.arthur-ford.com
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration number: 2013/094126/07
- Vat Registration Number: 4460263645
- Country of incorporation: South Africa
- Directors: MJT ARTHUR, MA FORD, JRT ARTHUR
- Physical address for receipt of service: 12 Cherry Rd, Pinetown, 3600, SOUTH AFRICA;
Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
- Copyright and all intellectual property rights in all materials, texts, drawings, graphics, logos, icons and any data made available on this website (collectively "the materials") are owned by ARTHUR FORD or its content suppliers and thereof protected by both South African and international intellectual property laws. Accordingly, any unauthorised copying, reproduction, retransmission, distribution, dissemination, sale, publication, broadcast or other circulation or exploitation of such material or any component thereof will constitute an infringement of such copyright and other intellectual property rights. You may only use the materials or any component thereof for your information purposes or for the purposes of ordering products from ARTHUR FORD. The trademarks, names, logos and service marks (collectively "trademarks") displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trademarks of ARTHUR FORD. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any trademark without the prior written permission of ARTHUR FORD.
Links to other websites
- External links are provided for your convenience, but they are beyond the control of ARTHUR FORD and no representation is made by ARTHUR FORD as to their content, source or any risks that may incur through linking to other websites. Use or reliance on any external links provided is at your own risk and we accept no liability in respect of such use. When visiting external links you must refer to the external terms and conditions of use. You may not link to this website, in any manner, or frame any content of this website in any other manner or otherwise use the content without the express prior written permission of ARTHUR FORD.
Use of Website
- Only you and ARTHUR FORD shall be entitled to enforce these Website Terms. No third party shall be entitled to enforce any of these Website Terms. ARTHUR FORD shall not be liable to you or any third party for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature in the event that you request that an order be stopped or cancelled. By accessing and using the Website, you warrant and represent to ARTHUR FORD that you are legally entitled to do so to purchase any of the products offered for sale through the website. You further warrant that all the details you have given are true and complete and that you are legally capable of concluding this transaction. If you are younger than 18 years of age you warrant that you have the consent of your parent or legal guardian to enter into this agreement with ARTHUR FORD or that you have obtained legal status in another manner. We may in our sole discretion at any time suspend or terminate the operation of the website without prior notice to you and without the need to give you reasons for such termination.
Address for Service
- These Website Terms and our Privacy Notice, set out the entire agreement between you and us and supersede any and all prior terms, conditions, warranties and/or representations to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Other Legal Notices
ARTHUR FORD shall be entitled to cede, assign and delegate all or any of its rights and obligations in terms of these terms. All provisions of these Terms are, notwithstanding the manner in which they have been grouped together or linked grammatically, severable from each other. Any provision of these Terms which is or becomes unenforceable in any jurisdiction, whether due to voidness, invalidity, illegality, unlawfulness or for any reason whatever, shall, in such jurisdiction only and only to the extent that it is so unenforceable, be excluded from the agreement between us and the remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect. Should ARTHUR FORD be prevented from fulfilling any of its obligations to you as a result of any event of force majeure, then those obligations shall be deemed to have been suspended to the extent that and for as long as ARTHUR FORD is so prevented from fulfilling them and your corresponding obligations shall be suspended to the corresponding event. In the event that such event continues for more than 14 days after it has first occurred then ARTHUR FORD shall be entitled (but not obliged) to terminate all of its rights and obligations in terms of or arising out of these terms by giving notice to you. An event outside the control of ARTHUR FORD shall mean any event or circumstance whatsoever which is not within the reasonable control of ARTHUR FORD including, but not limited to, vis major, casus fortuitus, any act of God, strike, theft, riots, explosion, insurrection or other similar disorder, war (whether declared or not) or military operations, the downtime of any external telecommunications line, power failure, international restrictions, any requirement or any international authority, any requirement of any government or other competent local authority, any court order, export control or shortage or transport facilities. These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law. You hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa in respect of any disputes arising in connection with the services referred to herein, or the terms or any matter related to or in connection therewith. For purposes of calculating any time periods GMT +2 shall be used.